Using SAFE Notes in Startup Funding
If you're a startup founder or investor interesting in using Safe notes for startup funding this panel is for you.
SAFEs are now widely used from Pre-Seed Stage, to Series B+ funding. They are often used where valuations are hard to determined, and to accelerate racing start-ups, in ad hoc “bridging rounds”.
The SAFE was created to speed up capital raising, with less negotiation, complexity and headaches. But there are still a number of points that can cause issues and should be clarified or improved.
Our panel of startup experts are working on a new improved Australian version of the Safe note. Join them as they discuss:
- Why Safes are so popular?
- What are the issues with Current Safe notes?
- How to build a better Safe note
- Jason Atkins - Co-founder or Cake Equity
- David Kenney - Partner, Hall Chadwick
- Quentin Wallace - Co-founder, Archangel Ventures
- Joshua Ismin - Psylo