A better future is being created by great founders innovating and building awesome companies with inspired teams and aligned investors.
Cake Equity is a Gold Coast based fintech, and is the fastest and easiest solution to use equity to fund your start-up and offer employee ownership. Our aim is to empower start-ups to create a better world through fast and simple equity management. Raising capital and giving ownership to employees is simply too hard, and it slows down innovation and growth. We are on a mission towards “one click equity”. We want equity to be simple, and fast.
We are a close knit team with our ‘active, healthy, creative living’ culture at the foundation of everything we do.
Having just secured our Series A funding and preparing for immediate global expansion, we are growing fast.
With our office in sunny Palm Beach on the Gold Coast, we are all committed to living an active, healthy and creative lifestyle. We balance health and family with a rewarding and intellectually stimulating career, and thrive off the energy of those around us.
At lunchtime, you’ll often find our team surfing, swimming, riding at the bike track or having lunch at the beach (which happens to be down the road).
This isn’t just ‘brand marketing’ for us, it really is at the core of who we are and what we want to become.
About the Role
We are seeking an ambitious self-starter wanting to work part time in a startup and begin building their dream career in fintech. The role will sit within the Marketing team, reporting to the Marketing Manager. The role also will include working closely with the partnerships and community team to coordinate events online and in-person. This role will potentially become a full-time Marketing Coordinator role within months for the right candidate.
This role can be done remotely and is open to anyone with full working rights in Australia.
Working 2-3 days per week, you will:
- Assist in the execution of marketing campaigns including campaign briefs, creation of marketing collateral, and post-campaign reporting
- Organize and manage marketing assets including filing, naming, and uploading onto our website
- Assist with CRM management in Hubspot
- Assist with coordination of content for social media calendar
- Assist with event coordination including webinars and in-person events
- Assist the marketing and events teams with day-to-day activities
- Working to contribute to the overall image, quality and success of the brand
This internship is open to both students and recent grads studying marketing, advertising, communication or a related degree.
The ‘Must Haves’
- Strong computing skills
- Strong passion for social media, keeping up-to-date with trends and generating new ideas
- Exceptional communication skills
- Self-starter with proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Ability to work remotely
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently and deliver results
The ‘Even Betters’
- A keen interest in start-ups or fintech
- Graphic design skills or previous experience in content creation
- Previous social media management experience
- Remote and flexibility opportunities - we encourage you to come into the office at least a couple of days a week (because it’s pretty fun), but are open to all kinds of arrangements
- Flexible vacation policy - take the time that you need
- Employee ownership - 10% of salary allocated as a bonus in the the Cake ESOP
- 10% cash bonus - company wide bonus payable on company based milestones
- Market salaries - we avoid the ‘start-up discount’, and pay based on your role and experience
- Accelerated career growth opportunities - grow your role with us as we go global
- No fixed working hours - unless the customer/partner you’re working with requests otherwise, we don’t insist on any timeframes - do what works best for you and your team
What might be hard?
- We are a start-up, and are moving fast. We will make mistakes, and we will learn from them as we go.
- We are comfortable with chaos. Things move quickly here at Cake, and processes may change over night. We thrive on the agility, but it can take some getting used to.
- We encourage autonomy. While we love the creativity and productivity it can inspire, it is not for everybody.
- We are customer focused. Without happy customers, we won’t win. While this is really motivating and rewarding, it can be tough when our customers get a little needy sometimes!
Other very important things about Cake:
- The bad ‘Cake’ puns don’t stop (they are actually probably getting worse)
- We have ‘office puppies’ that kind of run the show - Arlo and Pogo, and
- Our office is based on-top of a trendy Palm Beach burger shop.